This nine-story condominium building was completed in 1910 to the design of Howard Van Doren Shaw. VHA has worked extensively throughout the building, restoring its historic entrance canopy and renovating numerous apartment interiors.
Shaw's own penthouse residence, including its original dining room fireplace, was renovated and expanded in 2005 to better accommodate the present owners' collections of contemporary and Native American artwork.
VHA guided the initial restoration of the space, discovering and restoring the original Shaw-designed dining room fireplace. At the same time, a contemporary kitchen and bathroom were incorporated into the historic fabric.
General Contractor: Goldberg General Contracting
Photographer: Vinci | Hamp Architects