The Office of John Vinci, predecessor firm to VHA, served as associate architect for the restoration of this National Historic Landmark. Wright's famous studio and library were restored to their 1909 appearance.
New foundation walls were constructed and a basement added below the studio to provide space for a research center and storage. Structural modifications included the stabilization of deteriorated masonry piers, bearing walls, and wood grade-beams. The project received a National Honor Award from the American Institute of Architects in 1987.
Lead Architect: The Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio Foundation
General Contractor: G.A. Johnson
Structural Engineer: C.A. Anderson
Photographer: Hedrich Blessing