The Henry Ford Museum, dating from 1929, consists of a replica of Independence Hall with extended side wings known as the "Promenade," serving as the museum's entry and circulation spine, and the "Great Hall," a seven-acre exhibition space modeled after Albert Kahn's factory designs. In 1999 VHA directed the renovation of the Promenade's visitor service areas, circulation, and entry spaces at the Great Hall.
The 60,000 SF project included the design of new desks, coatrooms and entry podiums. Also included were new and restored decorative finishes, improved lighting, new furnishings and new signage throughout the building.
Structural Engineer: Robert Darvas Associates
Photographer: Leslie Schwarz