This 1906 Frank Lloyd Wright masterpiece occupies a prominent site along Oak Park's Forest Avenue. Converted to apartments in the mid-20th century, the building suffered from numerous unsympathetic alterations.
In 2005, its new owners asked VHA to restore the building and provide updated amenities. Work included the removal of a non-original staircase, restoration of original kitchen and bedroom layouts, and design of a new staircase consistent with the original design.
General Contractor: Von Dreele Freerkson
Photographer: Vinci | Hamp Architects