The Paine Art Center and Garden is an historic estate in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Consisting of a 1925 Tudor-style mansion, coach house, and extensive gardens, The Paine now functions as a public museum to conserve, present, and enhance the estate and its art collections.
In 2009 VHA was retained to renovate and expand the existing coach house to provide a year-round event space for up to 200 people. Inspired by turn-of-the-century conservatories, VHA’s addition features a sky-lit roof and extensive glazing, and opens onto a new formal garden. The renovated coach house includes state-of-the-art food service facilities and new staff offices.
General Contractor: J.H. Findorff & Son
Structural Engineer: Enspect, Inc.
M/E/P Engineer: McGuire Engineers
Lighting: Randy Burkett Lighting Design
Landscape: Hoerr-Schaudt Landscape Architects
Photography: Phil Weston and Scott Shigley