The Tribune Tower, completed in 1925, is one of Chicago's most recognized buildings. In 1990 VHA restored the Tower's lobby to its original appearance.
Its reception desk was reconstructed from photographs, and a plaster relief map, long ago donated to the Field Museum, was restored and returned to its original location.
Subsequent work at the building includes the design of new storefronts, custom street-level wall sconces and the redesign of the Nathan Hale Courtyard. The Tribune Tower restoration received a 1992 Interior Architecture Award from AIA-Chicago.
Lighting: Schuler Shook
Photographers: Bob Thall and VHA