Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1937, the former home of Herbert Johnson was in need of major structural repairs by the mid-1990s. VHA served as restoration consultant with lead architect The Hillier Group for the stabilization of roofs and walls in 1996.
VHA's responsibilities included documentation of the existing structure, on-site investigations, design solutions and their effect on the historic fabric, and construction administration. Subsequent VHA work at the house includes conservation of Kasota stone, reconstruction of masonry chimneys, an Historic Structure Report and a Maintenance and Monitoring Plan.
[All historic images courtesy of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation]
Lead Architect: Hillier Group
General Contractor: Bentley
Structural Engineer: Robert Silman Associates, PC
Photographer: The Johnson Foundation